Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hamlet and puppies

I'm waiting for you, watching down the corridors of time for your shadow to fill the empty spaces.  Doors and mirrors open to reflect passing images of momentary thought.  The light plays tricks on my eyes, a dazzling beguilement, persuading me that what I see is there.  I walk forward with the confidence of the sighted, Newtonian footsteps in a quantum world.  I need your shadow to return my blindness, to break my faith in a natural order, to stretch my senses into the unknown.  How foolish it is to watch with eyes for that which leaves no trace on the retina.  I must change my stride, trip and tumble, search in vestibular disorientation for a sign of another awareness, become clairsensual in the blur of motion.  

I want to freefall into your darkness, fly on the wings of not-knowing, burst the macrame strings of this theoretic universe, drown in your chaotic omniscience.  Lord of darkness, Puppeteer of light, you steal into my consciousness with twilight inklings but hold back your velvety blackness from my straining mind.  Is this life, this sanity, really so precious that I should be denied?

Ummmm.....

Well, yes it is.  I saw some wolf pups on tv just now.  Too cute to miss.  This kaleidoscope of life is fascinating, when you get down to it.  I guess I'll put off the death wish another day.


No comments: